For more details about the exam pattern Click Here
Mohanlal Sukhadia University offers following research degrees
Candidates interested in perusing post doctoral research programme leading to. D.Sc./D.Lit. can apply for registration directly to the Dean, Post-Graduate studies.
• Approved Institutions
• How to Apply
Research programme leading to award of Ph.D. degree is offered in university departments. Selected affiliated colleges, institutions under MoU with the university under approved supervisors. The Ph.D. programme offered by the university is as per UGC regulation 2009.
• Ph.D. Regulation 2009
(Detailed rules and regulations of Ph.D. programme)
• Post-Graduation with minimum 55% marks
• Pass Ph.D. Admission Test conducted by the University
Note: As per UGC notification NO candidates including UGC/CSIR NET passed candidates will be exempted from Ph.D. Admission Test.
- Ph.D. Admission Test
Normally conducted twice in a year (First week of May and First week of December). Notification for admission test is issued in news papers and website in the second week of April and November.
Intrested in receiving Admission Notification ? (Register your name)
Ph.D. Admission Test & Related Details
Validity of Admission Test
Candidates qualified in the most recent Admission Test along with other candidates eligible to appear in the Interview shall be required to attend interview conducted in the university Departments. Interviews are normally conducted withen one week from date of declaration of Ph.D. Admission Test
Notification for Interviews will be published on university website
Eligible candidates will be informed only through SMS, website and Notice Board.
Detailed guidelines of Interview
Important Information for the candidates attending Interview
- Visit website of the University Departments/Approved Supervisors for details of research programme. Before attending Interview, candidates should get acquainted with research programme, research areas & publications of the supervisor. Google search either by using supervisor name or research topic followed by University / City name can be used as the search key for details.
- Since a good Ph.D. programme requires three or four years of full time research work only highly motivated candidates towards research work are required to attend the Interview.
- On the day of Interview, candidate should report at least half an hour before Interview to the Head of the Department concerned .
- All the candidates reported for Interview will be addressed by the Head of the Department and approved supervisors. Head of the Department will brief candidates about research programmes & research areas of each supervisor.
- As per UGC regulation 2009, the allotment / allocation of the supervisor shall not be left to individual student or teacher. supervisor is allotted by the Department committee on the basis of merit, vacancies and specialization of supervisor. Before attending Interview, candidates should choose one or more specilization / research areas of supervisors in the department.
- Candidates will be required to submit a filled proforma (download from website) gving details of marks, experiences etc. Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates also to be attached with the performa.
- Candidates should bring orignal mark lists / degrees / certificates for verification.
- University shall not allow a candidate to change supervisor allotted to a candidate by the department committee.
Within a week from date of Interview university will issue Provisional admission notification (Click for latest notification)
- Joining for Ph.D.
Candidates provisionally admitted to the Ph.D. programme shall be required to join within one week from date of notification by depositing required registration fee. Candidate shall also be required to deposit college fee as per rules.
Candidate shall join in the department under supervisor by filling joining report as per performa – A (download from website) and depositing required registration fee. The joining reports must be submitted to the Office of the Dean, PG Studies through Department.
After joining for Ph.D. programme, candidate should join for Ph.D. course work by filling performa (download from website) and depositing required course work fee.
Regular attendance in the department and in the course work classes is compulsory. Only candidates attended 75% of working days in a semester (at least 68 work days) by putting their signature in a Register Kept with Office of Head of the Department and 90 hrs of Course work classes on Paper – I: Research Methodology & ICT.
Important Note: Attendance rules are followed strictly by the university. In every semester university detains those students whose attendance is less than 75% (List of candidates not eligible for appearing course work examination). So candidates who are not capable of attending classes / department for research work are advised not to take admission in the Ph.D. programe of the University.